Vintec is looking for a Trainee Laboratory Analyst to join our team in Watford, Hertfordshire. The successful candidate will join a friendly laboratory team who undertake identification of asbestos. Committed to quality and integrity, Vintec ensures employees have the time and support to provide our clients with the highest standards of work.
You’ll devote about 20% of your time to working towards a Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship, and P401 Identification of Asbestos in Bulk Samples qualification. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro, who will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your apprenticeship.
- Analyse bulk materials for the presence of asbestos
- Book in samples for analysis
- Prepare samples for analysis
- Ensure deadlines are met
- Follow procedures and ensure the high-quality standard is met
- Keep the laboratory clean and tidy
- Conduct daily face velocity checks
- Store analysed samples in an orderly manner for easy retrieval
- Administration and general office support when required
- Maintaining impartiality and reporting any possible risks to impartiality
- Ensuring work is conducted in line with the Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) 2012, and other statutory instruments, guidance or Methods published by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Process data in line with the GDPR and Vintec’s Data Protection
- Policy, including safe usage, storing and sharing of data
- Report data and cyber security concerns and breaches to line manager
- Attention to detail – has a keen eye for detail, identifying and acting on anomalies.
- Problem solving – considers problems from all perspectives and offers us suitable solutions. Builds on the ideas of others to encourage creative problem solving.
- Decision making – able to tell the difference between important and irrelevant information to reach a conclusion. Can make decisions independently. Believes in the decision they have made.
- Teamwork – an effective team player. Identify opportunities to support in the delivery of shared goals. Show a strong team ethic.
- Communication – an excellent written and verbal communicator capable of interacting with stakeholders internal and external to the business. Can distil complex issues into simple, understandable language.
- Proficient with basic IT software e.g. Microsoft Office